The Help You Need When Moving Home.

Moving home can be a daunting task.

Smiler’s Removals and Storage understand just how stressful this can be which is why you can trust us to make the transition into your new home go as smoothly as possible.

We offer a complete removals service including packing and planning which means that you can take some of the stress out of the move and concentrate on other pressing matters.

You can be assured that your goods and belongings are in the best of care, we are fully insure, (unlike cheaper man with a van operation), so should anything happen to your treasured possessions you know you will be covered.

Call us today on 0191 4202144 for a free no obligation quotation and see just why we are ‘Smiles’ better than the competition.

We are based in Hebburn and Jarrow area of South Tyneside and cover all of the North East, including Newcastle and Gateshead. Get in touch and we can help you move to anywhere in the UK or relocate anywhere in the North East.

Smiler's Removals Checklist

Moving can be such a stressful period that a lot of people forget to do some very important things to make sure their move is hitch free. To help you avoid these pitfalls, we have compiled a check list of essential tasks that people should do before or just as they are about to move home. Where possible, we have provided links that will take you to the relevant website where you can do things like redirect your post and update your council records.

Making sure that you inform the council of your change of address can avoid some serious headaches and repercussions at a later time. Make sure that you contact your local council’s Council Tax office to inform them about your change of circumstances and let them know the exact date you move out of your current property and when you move into your new one so they bill you correctly. Failure to do so could result in being overcharged or, worse, fined by your local authority.

Each local council is different so you will need to search for your area via Google with search term ‘inform council of change of address‘.

Check all your mail in the months preceding a change of address and inform any one who has a requirement to post mail out to you.

It is also advisable to leave a forwarding address / phone number at the property you are leaving so that any mail that is received after you have vacated the can be sent on to you.

To learn more about Royal Mail’s redirection service you can read this article about Mail Redirection.

It is a legal requirement to inform the DVLA when you change address.  You must update your driving licence and your vehicle log book with your new address. You can find more information about it here – Tell DVLA of change of address.

When you leave your old property you must remove your details and the details of anyone else who was living at the property.

On arrival at your new property you have to register your details with the electoral register.

For more information you can check How Do I Change My Address On The Electoral Role?

Scroll to Top